Healthcare/ Clinical Fabrics:
The permanent bio-active functional fabrics by DELIUS offer freshness and hygienic cleanliness. Silver ions which are firmly embedded in the fibre stop the growth of bacteria both within and outside the fibre. They thus protect against infections like MRSA in hospitals. DELICARE fabrics also reduce the formation of odours caused by microbes.
Frequent washing does not reduce the function unlike with normal finishes. This is typical for DELIUS: the function is contained in the yarn and is not subsequently imposed by a finishing process; this also holds true for the flame retardancy.
DELICARE furnishing fabrics
- are anti-microbial
- prevents the growth of bacteria (hospital bugs, staphylococcus aureus which cause MRSA)
- reduce odours caused by microbes
- are conducive to a better hygienic standard in rooms
- are suitable for industrial washing
- have a long lasting wash resistance
- conserve energy due to longer washing intervals and a lower washing temperature
- are certified by the Fraunhofer Institute
- are JIS 1902 certified
- are Ökotex Standard 100 certified